May 5, 2008

Glenda

So, usually I don't get so blog happy, but since I skipped a few days, I'll add a second cause this just humours me to all ends of the earth. Every Monday night I help out at N.A.I.T with Anthony, an autistic boy. He's part of a special olympics program. Theres atleast 50 peole in the program all with autistm. With Anthony, he doesn't like swimming with everyone else so we just do laps together and the rest divide into groups and do their thing. I interact with them a little, i'm always friendly with them and amused by their comments.

But Glenda. GLENDA. There is not one word that can describe this woman. She is my absolute favourite and I'll even admit I enjoy her more than Anthony at times.. I still love him! Ok, so she's like.. atleast 45.. she doesn't have extreme Autism so she's actually a really good swimmer, speaks clearly and doesn't sway or anything. But she has extreme personality changes and its amazing.. to me. So, first time I really got a glance at this, we were all doing our stretches in a big circle and someone beside her started swearing. I don't know exactly what they were saying, but Glenda got quite upset and asked him to stop, which he didn't, he kept going and then Glenda started screaming at him to stop! He didn't stop STILL, which made her freak right out, start screaming and she proceeded to run at full speed and jump into the pool. Then she just floated face down for what seemed ever... I had to control myself like I never have before. I have never seen sucha scene and I wanted to burst into laughter. Don't worry, I didn't.

Glenda is very loud and constantly screams at people even though its something simple like Hello how are you!? The instructors have to give her time outs all the time to try to contorl her volume. 2 months later, its still not working.

One thing I love about Glenda, is she's very open about telling everyone how hot her body is and how fit she is. I can't count the times she's flexed for me or i've felt her sweet pipes. She flexes in the women's locker room every monday before AND after class. It gets me every time...

This is long, but I just love Glenda. 2 weeks ago after class and after I had showered, I was getting ready by my locker and she was on the other side of it. She started talking and I assumed someone was with her. Til she started using her own name in the conversation. I just sat down and listened to her have a conversation with herself.. it was so funny. Its not funny to you- its ok.. I even missed my bus to listen to her. She was telling herself what a good swimmer she was and how well she was doing. Then out of no where, she said "your a rubber ball.. "
"what" (still by glenda..)
"Your a rubber ball!"
"Why am I a rubber ball?"
"You just are you goose! YOUR A RUBBER BALL"

You might have to know her to find the real humour.. its just so random and funny. That same day is when I had to peel the bandage of her butt. One weird. EW. Scarred for life. LIFE.

Thats for another time if I haven't posted it already. She's also very open about walking around the change rooms naked. Which you all know, is not appropriate in my books. Today after class when I went into the change rooms she was dancing around in her towel, which didn't stay on for long chanting Glenda! GLenda! Glenda your the best!

Well, she's quite positive on herself, you gotta give her that! Its just so funny. I've never had so much fun swimming. Its been a totally worth while thing for my life and it helped me decide what I want to do in school. I just wanted to share my love of Glenda. She's awesome. I wish I was a rubber ball....

No comments: