Jun 24, 2008

Hussie

First off, I truly love this word. I use it quite frequently these days, to everyone and anything. Its an insult YET a little classy.. Who can go wrong?

This is not the reason for my title though. A bit of a tragedy has come upon my Edmonton household. A few weeks ago after an amazing Indiana Jones experience, Amanda and I were greeted at the door with a very intense smell of skunk! A skunk in E-town? WHO KNEW?! Not I. Three years of this city and i've never smelled or seen one! ANYway. By morning the stench was gone and life went back to its normal speed. So we thought.......

I think the skunk is living under our house. It makes our WHOLE house smell ALL the time and even the neighbours get a good wiff of it! After a few weeks of this smell, and saying the word hussie.. it finally clicked.

The skunk is now officially named hussie. It works perfectly! Every morning I walk out the door, after a few sputtering coughs I yell "Hussie! You're brewin' up a storm down there!!" It has sucha nice ring to it. Even all my roomates say it, its great fun by all! "Whew! You hussie!" ahaha. I enjoy every minute of Hussie. Minus her smell..

So, don't use the word Hussie lightly. Its very classy but gets right down to the point. Thats all I'm feeling today....

3 comments:

Nathan Williams said...

You have no idea how frequent this word has visited my vocab lately.
I agree. Hussie has a good ring to it in every context. It's got class. It's got a sting.. and it can be used for so much these days. Yeah.

Nathan Williams said...

2 pac feat. Elton john?!!? Where do you come up with this! Its awesome!!
I'm so glad that other trash is gone.

DANIELLE said...

nate! i am apalled by your rudeness towards my pop music!!!! but that tupac and elton john song is TIGHT eh!? I love it. You just don't know what kind of tricks I can pull out of these sleeves!!