Nov 22, 2008

The Craze of Twilight


I just don't get it. Why is it so freakin popular!? I HATED the books like no other. Did I read them all!? Yes, sadly I did. I know, I get made fun of all the time for it especially when I emphasize my dislike of it- But I can't not finish a book series. I have to know what happens even if I'm not enjoying it. Even if I read a book that I don't really like, I have to finish cause not knowing what happens kills me. Seriously. SO I have read the whole Twilight series. They're pretty cheezy romancey/vampirey, so I just don't understand why they became SO huge and the movie was such a big deal.

Second confession. I did the see the movie tonight. Ok, i'll admit the movie wasn't bad. It took a lot of cheezy parts out and some of the characters became more likeable to me. And lets take a moment to be real here. Edward Cullen?! Oh my lanta. Yes, I will marry you. Consider it done.. The movie was a lot better than the book. Its still a little cheezy with the romantic lines and moments of gazing into Edwards topaz eyes... but possible to deal with seeing how hot Edward (a.k.a. Robert Pattinson) is.

I went with my roomate Britt. Thats mostly why I went- she was dying to see it. So we got tickets for the 10:00 show cause everything else was sold out- we decided to go at eight just to check if there was going to be a line- we really didn't think there was going to be! We got there right at eight and there was like already like 30 people in like! Oh man! We got in line in a hurry and stood there for close to 2 hours waiting. I was amazed at how hardcore people were- shirts, bags, sweaters, water bottles- ALL Twilight fan merchandise. And there were waaaaaay too much 14 year old girls a runnin' around. I'll have you know I feel super old when that happens!! Finally they let us in- heres the best part of this whole craze. The second Edward came into his first scene everyone gasped and started to clap- I was close to dying of laughter. Everytime something intense happened people would gasp, oooh... ahhh, you really felt the moment in those moments.

Ok so my rambling is done. The books = death. The movie = decent. Edward Cullen = my soul mate. I would become a vampire for you. Yikes. Look at what ths craze is doing to me...

Also- from a VERY wise source I stood in line with predicts this- People are going to go crazy with this vampire thing- and boys are going to start biting girls neck and making them bleed to be more vampirey. If this happens to you- Tell me. I owe this person a phone call to tell her she was right..

No comments: