Mar 9, 2009

Class, where did it go!?

Today I was in Wal-Mart passing time while Chandler Bing was treated to a delightful oil change, and I found myself in the magazine section. Usually I enjoy a good magazine, well usually Cosmo cause it makes me laugh so much.. But I was flipping through a random one with a bunch of fashion things, and I was annoyed how ugly things are these days. Hairstyles and skinny jeans and the whole emo look and goth and bah! it never ends! Looking at people around me all these young girls had crazy coloured hair and piercings left and right,guys in skinny jeans, shudder.. I started to wonder what happened!? People used to be so classy, the women were always modest and cute and it was real fashion! Now I know not EVERYTHING out there is ugly and sick, but I wish there was more class and style out there.



Oh Audrey Hepburn, I think she's the definition of elegance and class.


even the men were classy with their rugged good looks and boyish charm. can we please get more james deans out there?

Marilyn is one of my favourites. I love her hair, how she wasn't the deathly skinny but so beautiful and how naturally beautiful she was.



Who can forget Lucille Ball?




From one of my favourite books made into the movie, Gregory Peck from To Kill A Mockingbird.

I think you get my point. We should bring out more of these classy looks and less emo and skinny jeans. Really I just want skinny jeans banned ALL together...

3 comments:

noelle said...

i 100000% agree! especially the part about boys and skinny jeans. BARF! not only are the jeans too skinny, but they only reach to about their knees so you've got a whole lot of thigh and butt showing. have you ever seen them try and walk in them? it's pathetic. i've considered setting a rabid dog on one of them... just to see how or if they could run away fast enough.

Lauren Bennett said...

You may be in luck because I see more and more guys wearing dress shoes and those snappy/classy jackets instead of ghetto poofy coats but maybe that's because I'm in the university area. Also, I see more and more ladies wearing classy boots and prim jackets.

HOWEVER- I kind of enjoy a mix of all the styles I've seen. I love how any look is accessable these days. You can wear what you want. If you want to be emo, be emo. If you want to be a hippy, be a hippy. If you want to be 1920's classy, do it. However, if you're just wearing what you wear because the people around you are- where's the individuality and beauty in that? Which again goes to show that it shows who you are. It's up to you. I LOVE how no one really wears the same thing- I think it's an expression of who you are. But that's just me!

DANIELLE said...

well I don't think everyone should dress the same or have to change their style, I'd just like to see more class and actual style than skanky girls around. I think variety is great, I like some of the different styles and ideas out there, new styles that come in, stuff like that.. And I would never want a guy all dressed up ALL the time, I just think more class should be put into some peoples wardrobes.