Aug 31, 2009

The day we became porkers.

So, I'm not sure i'm so willing to share this information, but it was such a great night that I thought I should. Yesterday my work (best western) had a work bbq over at the Phillies house! I wasn't sure I was going to go, moving and cleaning took up most of my weekend.. but by 4 I was starving and said yes, I need some philly love.

Me and Lanae had been unpacking together so I decided to take her along with me! She was hungry too! We showed up and man, I love the phillies. They greet you so excitedly, show you to a seat, get you a drink, they are really the best hosts to be around!
FINALLY it was time to eat.. Me and Lanae both ate, not one, but TWO heaping plates of food to ourself! Grilled chicken that was marinated to perfection.. PUNCIT! Oh my favourite Filipino food.. Fruit and the most incredible spring rolls in the world. They were homemade, and i'm pretty sure we both ate 8 of them! I can't believe how much food we ate.. but it was SO good!! Our stomachs were ready to burst. Then what does Emma walk out with?! Dessert. We couldn't say no. Plus you just seriously can't say no to Emma.
So anyway- now that you're all aware of how much food we stuffed our faces with, I think my job here is done. My advise today is find some Filipino friends, you will never go hungry again.

the amazing hostess emma and meat marinator Philmar!

Dennis cooking the delicious chicken!

Me and Lanae with all the philly girls! I love them!!

1 comment:

Shayla said...

Aw, that looks like a lot of fun danielle!