Dec 3, 2009

I am canadian!


No, I am not supporting Molson beer or declaring my love for it. Sick dump. No, I am grateful to be a canadian citizen today. Well half now- I was going to write this yesterday but got sidetracked.. Last night it was minus 21.. Yep less grateful now.

No i'm kidding. I'm being serious now. A big chunk of my philly co-workers are hitting their 2 year mark in Canada where they are done their work contact and finishing up paperwork to try and become permanent residents! I had no idea it was so expensive. To send in one paper, its like 150 dollars+, and its paper after paper after PAPER! Emma has 3 kids and a husband she's been living apart from for 2 years, Mario has a wife, Kristine has a 7 yr old son, they are working so so hard to get their papers so they can bring them over.

I never really thought how blessed I am to be in a country that offers to much. Pretty safe areas, and not as corrupt Goverment as other places, freedom, freedom of speech, education oppurtunities, jobs, a lot less poverty... the list goes on and on! Kristine told me today most people don't have washing machines, something so simple and every day to us.. But they wash everything by hand! I just wanted to express my gratitude for living in a country that offers so much, where having and supporting a family is possible and the oppurtunities are endless.

These people work SO hard for what they have and send so much home. I never realized how much they go through, missing their families and starting a new life in a country they know nothing about and a language they don't know. Be grateful for all that you have, I have really learned that lesson working with them! I laugh when they say I live in luxury, but to them, I do! I have so much respect for them and couldn't find better people in life!

I am done now. Thanks for tuning in to my serious moment!
Danielle

No comments: