Mar 21, 2010

A slice of heaven!

Okay. I just had to share this! I've become quite domestic in my old years, haha i'm kidding, but I have started to learn how to bake more things this year and i've been really impressed with myself! Trying new things, new meals, cookies, etc etc, its been fun!

Breanna came home from work awhile ago with this AMAZING cookie, my gosh it was so good! And of course I demanded the recipe! SO a bit later she brought it home and today I tried it!

If you like Pumpkin, you will LOVE these!

Pumpkin Cookies
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
1 teaspoon nutmeg if available

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
2.) In a medium bowl, cream the shortening and sugar. Stir in the pumpkin and vanilla. Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon, stir into the creamed mixture. Then mix in the butterscotch chips. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3.) Bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool for a minute on cookie sheets before transferring to wire cooling racks!

Not only will they make the house smell absolutely divine, but they TASTE absolutely divine!! If you try it let me know how you like them! I can't stop eating them!!!!

3 comments:

KJ said...

mmmMMMmmm, sounds delicious.

noelle said...

where dost thou get thy pumpkin puree? i'd LOVE to try them!!!

DANIELLE said...

its just like a can of pumpkin you would use in a pumpkin pie! i was weirded out by the name til the wise jean told me it was just that! easy peasy!