It's been a little over a month since my grand arrival in Saskatoon. I was so sure I would find a job quicker than quick and that would be that. You remember the Best Western experience.. Not so awesome. Now I am working at the Riveria Motel. I hate it. First mistake!? It's a motel. I have down-graded from the biggest Hotel chain in the world to THIS. I fear the germs will kill me some days.. I try not to think about it. It didn't sound awful in the interview so I went in with high hopes, but each day just got worse. Stay positive I told myself, I need a job! I was at the end of my sanity yesterday, when my cell rang. Not now Mom I thought.. as she's usually the only one that calls me. But no! It was the Sandman Hotel! I put an application in a few weeks ago, finally another phone call! I had an interview today and...
IT WENT GREAT! Holy I want to be best friends with that place! The supervisor ( i forget her name already... sorry toots) was so friendly and upfront about everything. It was easy to see why things looked so good and were organized. The interview was hardly an interview, it was joking around and laughing, lots of mocking of Motels... SO anyway to cut this ramble down I GOT the job! Hooray! I start on Monday. Suck it Riveria!
I seem to have this pattern, I have to go through 2 really awful jobs to find a good one. The same thing happened in Lethbridge. Anyone remember those Value Village and Gas station days!? They are permanently blocked out of my mind. I am hoping the Sandman will show me some love and I can stay there for more than a week. That'd be awesome.
So, drinks all around for me getting a new job! Good thing I don't REALLY drink or i'd be drunk a lot with how many jobs I go through.
1 comment:
Yay Sandman! I had no idea the riviera sucked so bad. Glad you figured it out! Hope this ones good. Oh and I'll take a virgin strawberry daquiri, thanks.
Post a Comment