Jan 12, 2011

Another Rotation Gone!

I have already almost finished up another school rotation. The past 2 weeks I have been doing Waitressing in the school restaurant Le Bistro. Man was I dreading it. I have never really served, nothing serious anyway and it just terrified me. I had friends in the group that went before my group that reassured me it wasn't bad at all, but I didn't believe it. Now that two weeks have almost passed, I can't believe it! I actually somewhat enjoy it. Would I do it for a living? Pah. Absolutely not! Customers are way too anoying. But for 2 weeks, it's not bad at all! I even get tipped!

There are so many little things to remember. Serve food from the left, drinks from the right, clear from the right, take the woman's orders first. Yikes, my brain was seriously overwhelemd for the first week! This second week has been a lot better! My group has a pretty good dynamic. All girls, we work together well so there isn't much drama. It's only the stupid kitchen staff that annoys me.. I could go on for hours about those fools so I won't even start!!

Anyway, this post was kind of random and not very useful, but hey, it's the thought that I've heard! Wish me luck for one more day of serving then HELLO Edmonton this weekend! Woop woop!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I'm sure you could show those kitchen people a thing or two. Remember that delicious casserole we made in Florida? And it sounds like maybe, just maybe I'll be seeing you this weekend!