A few weeks ago me and my friend Steph decided we wanted to work out buuut we both hate the gym and have a hard time motivating ourselves to go. I really love walking outside but well, Saskatoon is not the place for nice weather at this time of year. I had seen a few ads on tv for Zumba and it just looked like so much fun! So I looked into and there were classes all over Saskatoon! The point of Zumba if you don't know what it is, is dancing off the pounds. They have routines to music in latin, salsa type songs, fast paced with good beats. Have you seen my moves? I was born for Zumba.
Yesterday was our first class, we were both nervous, hoping that there would be a lot of people and hopefully some inexperienced zumba-ers too since we really had no idea what we were doing. The class is pretty big and ranges in age so we felt less lame for being there. There was no instruction, the music went on and the instructor started with feet and then worked in the arms. Oh my- after 3 songs everyone was workin up a sweat and dying for water. The work out is crazy intense but I loved it! Pussycat dolls, Enrique, Salsa songs, and even a song that took me back to highschool, what me and the girls used to call the afghanistan or pakistan song or something like that! The beats were awesome and the hour flew by! It's for 10 weeks, but at this point, I am a Zumba-er for LIFE. It was calming to see that there were people that had no idea what they were doing either, cause I can bet we probably looked a fool!
I'm already pysched for next week, can't wait to get my dance on! You should check out Zumba if you hate going to the gym, it's the most fun you'll have working out!
1 comment:
i LOVE zumba! I have it for the wii so i get to do it in the comfort of my own home... but i still look like a complete fool doing it. it's so great though!
Post a Comment