Aug 21, 2011

Bff's in Banff!

I looked forward to this weekend for MONTHS! Des and I decided to go to Banff forevvvvver ago and finally the plans came together and we got to go this weekend. We decided to be adventurous and stay in a hostel, mostly to save money.. but it actually turned out to be pretty decent, and free breakfast to go with it. The dorms had 3 bunk-beds, space for 6 girls. One bathroom shared by all which is insane when you're dealing with 6 GIRLS. Oh well- it worked out!

I was super excited to go mostly because I haven't seen Des since January, which is awful when you are BFF'S! We had so many good convos, the deep meaningful ones on the top of a mountain, down to laughing at old memories of past times in Edmonton or Jasper. You know you have a BFF when it's been years since we've lived together or even been in the same city, ever changing lives, but when we get together it's always just as great as it was the last time. I'm lucky to have such a great friend!!

We made a list of what we wanted to do, and accomplished it all! First night we went on the Gondola and enjoyed incredible views of Banff, despite freaking out at how high up we were. Welll that was mostly me. We had a fun picnic on Saturday on a spontaneous to Lake Louise after wandering the shops of Banff Ave. Saturday night we hit up the Hot Springs and had our old school ice-cream night. Sunday we went to the cutest church ever and were entertained by some adorable little kids. We ended the trip with driving to the Bow Falls and Banff Springs Hotel, definitely my future work place! Banff really is just so beautiful, hard to capture it in pictures but here are a few of the weekend!








No comments: