I'm sure the world is sick of hearing and seeing pictures about SIAST, so I promise this is my last blog about it.
I don't know where the past 2 years have gone. 2 years ago I was new to this city, scared and wondering what the heck I had done. I remember the first day of school so clearly. There was about 28 of us, and it was that awkward moment for everyone not knowing who to sit with or what to say. 2 years later, I can't believe it's all done! It took me a long time to decide what I wanted to do career wise, but it was worth the wait. I have been so blessed having moved to Saskatchewan. I have met so many great people. New friends with classmates, teachers that provided guidance and endless puns- both appreciated, new opportunities that would have never come my way had I stayed in Deathbridge. It was one of those things that was just meant to be.
Last night my class of 13 (Hey, a little under half that started with us.. we're doing good!) had a big grad dinner at the Sheraton Hotel. It was a lot of fun, there were teachers, friends, family, a few speeches, dellllicious food and an amazing banana split bar- it was a great time. It wasn't until the end when we started saying goodbye to some people- for good. If you asked me the first semester of the first year if i'd care if I never saw any of my classmates again, I probably would have said not a whole lot.
Now, i'm really sad about it. I have made some great friends, met some great teachers I've loved having in my life the past 2 years. It's hard to say goodbye to people i've seen every day, 5 days a week for the past 2 years. We've had some drama, lots of laughs and some rough times especially this past semester when our program head passed away. I'm going to miss so many people but I'm so grateful I decided to go to SIAST and met the people I did. It's tough to say goodbye, but I'm also very excited to say HELLO to a career and a new chapter. SIAST graduates, I'll miss you and hope you have the best futures in front of you! Here are a few photos of the night!
My class of crazies that I love.
Me and the Jean!
Me and Steph!
Me and Laura!
Me, Scott and Steph!
Me and Rach! We are baking buddies and anti-club friendsies.
5 comments:
Your dress is so awesome it looks so great on you! I'm so happy for you!
Thanks friend!! Oh i have a favourite store here that supplied that dress, it was my present to me. haha
Yay! Congrats, Danielle! I'm SO glad that S'toon treated you so well. Arn't you glad I convinced you to move there! hahaha. Good luck with your new job, and all that fun stuff!!!!
haha I am Noelle I am!! I love it here and your convincing was wellllll worth it!!!
Congrats!! isn't being done the best feeling ever?! I also concur with everyone else; I absolutely love your dress!!!
Post a Comment