Let me tell you a heart warming story. When I was 15-16 roughly, I was reading a book by my favourite author Mary Higgens Clark ( don't worry, i've moved into greener pastures of authors since then) called Remember Me. It was based in Cape Cod Massachusetts. I hadn't heard much about Cape Cod so out of curiosity one day I was looking it up on the internet and I instantly fell in love. Victorian houses on the ocean, quaint little streets of businesses in the little towns, the OCEAN. I LOVE the ocean. I decided right then I was going to at least visit if not live in this magical place.
Flash forward 10 years (sick... I feel ancient typing that last sentence) I was looking at pictures of the Cape one night. It has been forever since i've been on a trip thanks to 2 years of poor studenting it up. I decided I was going to go. I started looking into flights, hotels, the whole meal deal. Then I realized how lame it would be if I went alone. I was talking to my old roomie Amy telling her of my dream and
how we should go there. It was mostly just a wish, but just like that she agreed to it. If only I had known how easy it was to convince her of trips.. Anyhow! The planning began. We talked about how long to go for, what we wanted to do, all the little details. I'm a pro at planning trips. I love it.
The dream became a reality today. I booked my ticket to Boston this afternoon!!!! I'm so excited I could probably scream right now and be okay with it. Not only am I going to Cape Cod, i'll be in Boston for a few days and another dream will be checked off. New York City!!! I was looking at the map and realizing how close it was, so heck why not!!! September 16-23rd will be an amazing week. We're flying into Boston from Calgary. Adventuring around Boston for a day or so and then a lovely scenic drive to New York. Hotels are ridiculously expensive in New York so I thought hey! Amy loves the ghetto and sketchy areas as much as I do so we are staying in the Bronx! It will be amazing. If we live through it, we will enjoy some NYC at it's best. Then the drive to the Cape! Oh the Cape. I can't wait. On the way from the Cape to Boston for when we head back there is a town called Sandwich. Why would you not go to Sandwich??! I looked it up and we are going to enjoy a sandwich in Sandwich at Cafe Chew. Oh. It's too much for me.
Have I said I love the ocean yet?!
If you can't tell i'm ridiculously excited! These 8 months better fly by!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment