Apr 21, 2008

Naked People

SO. Naked People. I'm not a fan. In the year i've been a part of the YMCA I've seen more naked people than I ever expected to see. Not that I expected to see them.. but I enjoy a good swim. Is that a crime? Nope. Don't think so. I enjoy my swim, have a good hot tub experience, and then hit the showers! Showers is where the awkwardness hits. Why, OH why in a public place MUST we strip down and shower naked? I'm being so serious right now it scares me. I, being normal, do NOT remove my clothes and I just wash my hair and thats it, i'm dunzo. But no, most people strip it ALL down and bring soap, shavers, you name it! I have seen so many naked families I could use some serrrrrious pyschological help. Then, to top this whole story off, I started teaching an Autistic boy how to swim at NAIT. Its sweet! I totally recommend it. But. Lets be real here. Autistic people have no boundries and will just whip it out ya'll. Tonight, Glenda, one of my personal favouries, a very loud and crazy lady, came up to me, COMPLETELY naked and asked me to remove this huge ace band-aid.. FROM HER BUTT. Ok. Freak out. Yes?! Yes. All of the above. How do you say no, she wanted it off?! Tonight I had my first experience of touching another woman's butt and I seriously hope that it never happens again. After I took it off, she asked me if I could give it a little massage as it hurt a little. I'm a little scarred still. I hope that you all have the need to keep your clothes on in public showers. Please don't scar the world with your sickness. I need to go cry a little.

2 comments:

Nathan Williams said...

I FOUND YOU D-DAWG!!
From day 1, I knew you had an innate talent for blogging... This blog may just be my new homepage...

YOU CRACK ME UP

Anonymous said...

danielle.. danielle no! that's horrible. i am SO sorry for your loss!! and by loss.. i mean the loss of your helpless psyche! i, too, would need serious psychiatric help after such an incident. :( horrible!!!