May 8, 2008

Flem.

I do hope thats how you spell it. And if you weren't too grossed out by the title to read on, thank you. haha So, I've been suffering from a bit of a cold lately, and this past week its developed more into a hacking flem cough, and its so sick! I hate it. I have two gross stories to share with you about it.

Today at work I was marking down bra's and underwear for clearance, its very exciting and I wish i could do it EVERY day. I'm sitting on this little stool pricing away when I start coughing and before I could put my hand up to cover my mouth this huge thing of flem flies out and lands on one of the hangers of underwear... I was MORTIFIED. The girl I was working with was standing right there and I felt like an absolute fool for reaching over to wipe it off.. So I left it hoping she would walk away so I could clean it. I got paged to the phone so I very willingly left the awkward situation to come back to an even worse one.

Right when I was walking back to the bra section, it was like slow motion. I saw Narinder reach down to grab the flemmy underwear and before I could do anything about it, she had it all over her hand! She yelped in disgust dropping it on the floor and exclaimed "Ewwww! Who would do that and not clean it up!?" I wasn't sure if this was laughing material so... too embarrassed about it and i said "EW, seriously.. thats so sick" and definitely didn't say it was me. Ew.

THEN after this.. I'm driving home after work, and again I hacked up a delicious amount of flem and I had my window open so I decided to spit it out and unfortenately, for everyone in this story, I missed and spit it right on my window.. The lady right next to me saw the whole thing and had the most disgusted face i've EVER seen on anyone's face on the planet as she watched a glob of spitty flem slide down the inside of my window while I stared at her not sure what to do. I reached over for my babywipes and calmly cleaned it off, her face still disgusted staring at me. I then gave her a thumbs up and drove away into the sunset.. embarrassed, but blessed with a humour defense mechanism to pull me through the moment!

SO. There you haven't. If your're not too disgusted with me, I promise I won't spit flem anywhere near you!!!! How embarassing. Now excuse me to go hack up some more!
D DIZZLE MY NIZZLES.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha. that was disgustingly hilarious- good read. what a lovely start to a lovely day!

Shay said...

lol! wow. flem. I think it's happend to us all!

Nathan Williams said...

I love reading your blog danielle, I just laughed through that entire read. I know you don't stretch anything, cus I can see you doing all of this.. I can even picture your facial expressions!