


I wasn't sure what to blog about today until I had a facebook convo concerning the Ledge. So, this magical post is dedicated to Nathan Williams, to enlighten him and blow his mind. LETS get started shall we?!
The Ledge. OH, the Ledge. Its so magical.. it holds so much glory and power in one city. Its officially called the Legislature.. I'm not sure how it became the Ledge.. but its a lot cooler that way. You have to call it that in my presence or we won't be friends anymore. Seriously.
So the Ledge.. Its the Government building of Edmonton, where the high and mighty Paul Hinman once reigned. Or atleast sat in there with the high and mighty. My good friend Ralph Klein, former Premier was a great power holder of the Ledge. For all that know me well, you'll know my love of politics and this may prove to be a key holder in why I love the Ledge so much. But good news non-politicians! It holds MANY other wonderful things to do there! First, you can take a tour! YES! A tour!!! They show you the rooms where the politicians sit in, they even show you a piece of paper that Queen Elizabeth signed! YES! A PIECE OF PAPER WITH HER SCRAWLED SIGNATURE! Your probably amazed already at the greatness I've already shared, but stay in your seat! THERE'S MORE.
The grounds are huuuuge and hold many places for pictures, picnics and just frolicking for no good reason!! I recently had a brownie picnic there a few sundays ago and it was the best 2 hours of my life. Theres a quaint little path you can walk down and just think about life and all its meanings.. in the summer, if edmonton ever chooses to have one that is.. they have FOUNTAINS! and you can PLAY in them! I have personally done it and I recommend it to one and all. At night is the most fun. You stare into these lights for like 30 seconds and then the world is PURPLE! its so exciting!!! I have also partaken of this activity, and would recommend it to all! The ledge is also a number one hot spot for people to take their wedding pictures and propose. Its truly a romantic place...
SO. theres the ledge in a nut shell. Its sucha wonderful place. It holds a very special place in my heart! To those who haven't been, I recommend it one hundred and 29 percent!!!! ALL HAIL THE LEDGE!!!! til next time....
DANIELLE.
2 comments:
WHEN CAN I COME?!
I'm sold!
The "Ledge" is probably short of the first syllable of the word Legislature ... technically it should have been the Leg. but then people might pronounce that the way they would for the lower limb ... :p
Post a Comment