
Oh just the name brings me such great joy.. Muriel. A tear of joy and happiness trickles down my face...
Muriel was born in 1989 as an Oldsmobile in the town of... I don't actually know. She was born with a horrible colour of green and grew up an ugly duckling. It wasn't until 2003 when she finally got the paint job she deserved. A deep navy blue. Then.. it was her time to shine!
May 2005 was a festive year for all. It was my birthday and it was the wonderful year I was graduating from high school! I was living in lethbridge at the time ( flashbacks just hit me.. the screaming and thrashing around on the floor will soon stop..)
Ok. Back to business. For my birthday my dear Grandma gave me her car.. I was obviously happy but the word "oldsmobile" really made me cringe. Of course I had ridden in her car before.. but it was just like whatever. I drove my old beater ( formerly known as the snoop mobile.) to magrath to retrieve my prize. There she was.. glistening in the sun.. waiting for hand to be the one to put the key in the ignition. It was so beautiful.. All cringing thoughts were immediately gone. It was meant to be.
I drove for about a year without naming my car. I had never really thought about it. Then one day, it came to me. Muriel. Why didn't I think of it before?!! From that day, in 2006 she has been known as Muriel. She holds great memories for all of us. Car dancing, road trips, noelle finding a random condom in the back seat ( IT WASN'T MINE! I WILL SWEAR THAT TO THIS DAY!!) Ah. SO many memories. I thought we'd be together forever. Then tradgedy struck.
I was going to work, it was a normal day, I got into my prized Muriel and started to back up and then, WHAM. She died right then and there. I felt my heart break watching the battery meter go from the top to the bottom.. I had to take her to the doctor.. also known as Canadian Tire. (BURN!! BURNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) It took quite a bit of money and some time, but it was worth it.. she was fixed. I was relieved.. life was ok. But no... we were wrong.. I kept driving but she didn't feel the same. She was different- I was confused.. I didn't know what was wrong with her! So finally I had to take her home to the REAL doctor.. My uncle Bob.
He didn't know how I even made it home. My transmission oil was so low that I should have burned out my transmission. A tear of love slid down my face as I looked at Muriel. Knowing she was faithful til the end and she would have never just died on the highway.. (or it could be because I prayed for 5 straight hours. No lie.)
Ok, this is getting long. I have never loved a car so much in my life. I miss her dearly- I currently drive my new car.. Chandler. ( if your a 'Friends' fan you will get the two names of my cars..) Chandler is cool- but is no Muriel. But don't you fret.. Muriel is alive and well and will be in my posession again after I move home! For all that have loved and known Muriel.. ROCK ON!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment