This post today is quite humorous to me. Shayla M. and I were talking about old times and she reminded me of a quite embarrassing but yet funny day in the summer a few years ago.
It was a hot summer day in the town of Magrath when Shayla phoned me and asked me if i wanted to go boating. HECK YES is what i'm said i'm pretty sure. So i headed over, we loaded up the boat and went out to Jensen's Dam. The Harkers were among the group and they too had a boat. The Williams were also out there, so it was a fun group of peeps and we were all having a dandy time. THEN.. tragedy struck.
We had just got for a fabulous boat right in the harkers boat with the wind blowing in our hair while going up waves and cheering on whoever was wake-boarding. The boat pulled up to the dock and someone got the rope to bring it in. A few people got off and then it was my turn. I was half off when I'm still not sure what happened.. but the boat started moving backwards and I was half on the boat, half on the dock. David Harker yelled frantically telling me to grab his hand to pull me back while others said jump to the dock. I was confused, I was scared, WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO! i thought frantically..
My favourite memory of this whole experience is looking up at the end of the dock seeing Nate Williams yell "D-Dogg" and started running down the dock.. Ah, never fails me...
Finally I had to make the decision.. I lifted my leg off the boat and splashed gracefully into the water. NOT by a pencil dive i'll add. Everyone you ask about this story will say that I did the pencil dive and I will always deny such a foolish claim. Danielle does NOT pencil dive...
I sunk to the bottom willingly.. and stayed down there as long as possible not sure if I should be humiliated or if I could just laugh it off. Option 2 is what I chose. I came up and everyone was MOST concerned about my safetey. I laugh at the thought of myself jumping off the boat and then having to walk up completely soaked. I will say that I haven't been boating SINCE that summer. I'm still a little scarred.
til next round..
D-DIZZLE my NIZZLES.
No comments:
Post a Comment