
Go Ask Alice is the book I read today at work. Yes, at work. Its sunday ok!? That means no one is there and I can slack off....
Usually i'm hooked on a John Grisham or Mary Higgans Clark but this one caught my eye in the bookstore and really affected me after. I'll give a quick low down. The book is the diary of a 15 year old girl who gets hooked on drugs after her drink gets laced with LSD at a party. She runs away from home with another girl and spirals into a crazy world of drugs but later comes home.. and then the same thing happens again. I've never read anything so powerful. It goes through her year of ups and downs and it ends her being pretty happy, clean, life is going well and she's going to try and be stronger. 3 weeks after the last entry her parents come home to find her dead, od'd on drugs. No one knows it was accidental or premeditated.
It was such a sad book. Innocence taken away from such a young girl who will never be able to experience a normal growing up life. It just made me really really thankful for where I grew up, how I grew up and the choices i've made in my life. Wherever you go, those drug influences are there, but i've never had a problem getting into the right crowd and I thank all who have been in my life who are a positive outlook. It starts at party where she needed friends, and she was poisoned with an evil of the world. Its sad, but it really makes you think so I would definitely recommend it.
Scary what our world is coming to- it comes from every direction now it seems. Thanks to my friends, family and of course my cats who have always been in my life and i've never had that feeling of lonliness strong enough to turn me to drugs! I'm thankful for all I have. Read it and realize what you have in your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment