Sep 16, 2008

The Big Decision.

Welp- I know you must all be severely disappointed that funny Danielle is taking a break- but underneath that sarcasm and wit, there is a very deep side of me that has thoughts, writes haiku's in my spare time and has an intense passion for ballet.

All of those things were a lie.. BUT. It is time for another deep blog. And.. just before I start. I don't want to be judged, asked why, told OH NO, not again, I told you so's or ANYTHING. I am happy with my decision!

Today I decided to quit school. hahahaha actually it does make me laugh- it seems to be what I do. But I put my whole heart into this one! For reals people. I worked with an boy with autism in Edmonton, and I loved it! So I applied for the program Special Needs Educational Assistant- I was excited! I went, and it was a pretty heavy course load, which is fine, but it all based on children. My practicums would be with kids, it just wasn't what I thought. I enjoyed working with Anthony because he was older and I could connect with him better. I'm not that great with kids, I won't lie. The thought of being in an elementary school for the rest of my life really freaked me out. Its been a very very very long 2 1/2 weeks of miserable time trying to enjoy school. I can't do it! Its as simple as that.

Today was probably the worst day in the entire universe- Now.. prepare yourselves. You are about to read something I will probably never be willing to type again!!! I cried for almost the WHOLE day. I don't cry. Thats why its so amazing, and the fact that i'm admitting it.. hahaha oh dear. I just lost it. I broke down and just couldn't stop! Nothing was making me happy about this program and I was tired of trying. So the Jean in ALL her wiseness, told me I can't force myself to do something I'm not happy doing. It took a lot of thinking and tears, but I've come to the conclusion that I will not be carrying on! I'm going to miss all the friends I saw there, the girls in my program and sleeping in the library. But I know there is something out there for me, I just need to be patient and find it! I'm staying in Lethbridge tho! Its not L-town I hate, I just disliked my program and what it was doing to me!

So, please understand that I'm not a quitter because I have no motivation or I'm just too lazy. I wasn't happy- and I think in the long run thats what matters. I have hopes to go back to school for something I will just love one day! Til then, I shall journey down this path we call life. Thanks for listening to my rant. I will now be a happier blogger!! Peace.

2 comments:

Nathan Williams said...

Wow. Deep. Interesting.

Dont sweat it. School is for losers. You can do so much better.
haha. Worst advice ever.

Theres always the lethbridge superstor. You could go rub snot on some hangers there or something. lol. Good times.

Lauren Bennett said...

Hey D,
My first time reading your blog, it's about time you did something useful with your lightning fast typing skills.
I'm sorry about that rough bit of your life, D, it sucks sometimes when you're trying to figure out what to do with your life. I know I already talked to you afterwards but again, I'm sorry.
P.S.- I read your pet peeves... pretty sure I qualify for all three. Awesome! haha