SO i'm in Lethbridge! It has been almost a week since I arrived, and I am pleased to announce so far i'm quite impressed. I live on the west side, which I thought would be super annoying since I'm at the college, but it's actually ok! School started Wednesday, and it is going to be a VERY busy two years I tell ya! I'm excited though, I have a lot of classes that are really cool. Human Development where I get to make a virtual baby and watch it grow.. Communications to make me less of an awkward people ( I know a lot of prayers have been answered with that class, I apolgoize for my extreme awkwardness.) English, its a good mixture!
There are so many people I don't know here. That really freaks me out. I came back here kind of expecting to know a ton of people, but the college is full of kids i've never seen before! But its cool- I like it. Its helping me develop the skill to stop sucking at making friends and go up and talk to people! There are old and new faces everywhere.
My favourite moment of the week- Wednesday was the first day of school, I was in the lobby doing a lame scavenger hunt with my program and I was standing around not paying attention when someone walking in the door caught my eye. He looked familiar, but it wasn't til he turned and then I recognized him. CHANCE COSGROVE! I love that kid. We were good friends in highschool and i've seriously missed him! I haven't seen him since we graduated, so there was a lot to catch up on; how we've changed, what we're doing now, etc. The experience taught me a tiny lesson of friends are golden, no matter how much space and time comes between it, you always have those roots to go back to!
The weekend was good too- of course we made our rounds on the YSA dance- and I got the chance to really hang out with a good friend Nathan, who I haven't really hung out with since before his mission! Another friend found again! And now the time for NEW friends! I moved into a new house here, and there are 4 of us. Usually there is always one who I really get along with! Brittney and I have so much in common- we've talked for hours in the past couple days gettin to know each other and its been so fun. There is so much information to exchange in the beginning stages of a new friendship- I'm really excited to keep getting to know her.
I'm feeling this time in Lethbridge- Its been fun so far and I was ready for a change and coming back. I hope everyone else's school and roomate experiences have been atleast half decent! I'm done now- I've typed a lot and i'm tired. SO life is good- Thought I should report I'm not hating it yet! haha
1 comment:
Whoa! D-dogg, when did you come back to life!!
I had no idea you were back blogging. Ah, the shear bliss!
And did you hear the good news!? Shay has returned!
Post a Comment