Oct 22, 2008

Where'd you go? I miss you so!

I was just thinking of the good old days today. If you know me well, you will know that I am in love with the 90's. It was just such a great phase of life and i'd go back ANY day! As I sat here watching tv- every channel I turned too was some lame reality tv show or something stupid. What happened to the sitcoms? What happened to the drama? Tv and music and life just isn't the same. I'm not sure i'm impressed with 2008 anymore.

I would like to share some of my favourite things of the 90's. Tv- HOME IMPROVEMENT. Need I say more? Tim Allen just tickles my pickle. An all american family just living life and having a Dad who has the ability to ruin everything he does- Funny as heck! Seinfield.. OH Seinfield. Hilarious!! Friends. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Full House. 7th Heaven. Step by Step. Dr. Quinn. Family Matters, Bevery Hills 90210. Saved by the Bell. The list goes on and on!!!

We definitley do not have the same quality of TV anymore. We are now plauged with things like THE HILLS, PUKE. No one really lives like that. Survivor, Amazing Race, Big Brother, America's Next Top Model. American Idol. Stupid celebrities marriages that eventually fall apart on tv. It's just all the same! I find so many things are about money and how you look. Nothing is unique. Its all just an idea from another reality tv show.

Music- The Spice Girls. Backstreet Boys, Nysync, TLC, S-Club 7, Ricky Martin, Vanilla Ice, Nirvana, Shaggy, Jennifer Lopez, 98 Degrees, Hanson, Jewel, Shania Twain, Aqua, Puff Daddy (now P.Diddy), Blink 182, Alanis Morsette, Will Smith, FRICK I could go on and on and ON! Now we have all these little hussie girls showing WAY too much cleavage and booty poppin and the quality of music has gone waaaaay down. Rappers surrounded by more hussies.. Sigh! Oh take me back!!!!

Don't get me wrong, there are some sweet things of our times now. I just prefer the more simple form of life. When emailing and msn was high quality, huge cell phones, people actually called you ON the phone...you just can't beat it. So, take a moment to remember the 90's.

2 comments:

Nathan Williams said...

I hate the HILLS as well.
A plague it is. (cough..shayla,,, COUGH)

But I'll agree with pretty much whatever you say, you are my first OFFICIAL "follower". ha

noelle said...

"booty poppin'"! hahaha. i agree completely! oh 90's, sweet 90's.... those were the days.