Jan 23, 2009

Another Job

Before I get into this, news flash! It is January 22, and I am STILL in Lethbridge. Yeah thats right, I didn't crack and go back to Edmonton! Whats up now people, whats up now. It's time to change it up and stick something out. I love my new house, my roomates, so why go back?

Altho... I have never had such bad luck with finding a job as I have this year. I have a LONG list of craptastic jobs. Even though a lot of them sucked, I have a lot of good stories and memories to go along with them. By the end of my run, I'm going to be a jack of all trades!

Job #1- Value Village. Ah, how terrible this place was. For starters, I had to wear a freaking lab coat that said Costume Consultant. What IS a costume consultant you ask?! Good question. I'll let you know when I figure it out after walking around the store aimlessly for 8 hours. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I lasted a glorious 3 weeks.

Job # 2- Superstore. I actually liked my job there, but the hours sucked and there was no organization like in Edmonton. Fools. All of them.. A great three months that was

Job #3- Your Dollar Store With More! Woo! Another dollar store! I actually liked this one too, but they ended up closing down, sadly. I cried that last day.. my arms filled with collectible dollar items, binding us together for eternity... One day I promise myself.

Job # 4- Macs. Oh sweet lanta. The worst career choice of them all. I thought it would be ok cause it was monday-friday, weekends off. But the owners were insane, and I hate, HATE HATE HATE LOTTO MACHINES! They didn't give breaks, they barely spoke english and after 3 days I snapped and quit.

Job #5- Now this one is going to be the winner I think. I haven't started it yet, I start on Monday! I'm going back into the hotel biz! The magical Best Western has called me back to its loving arms. How willingly I went. I'm doing housekeeping, which isn't the greatest job out there but its active and morning hours! And full time!

So there you have it. Somehow I havent lost my mind in Lethbridge by all these experiences, I guess there is just something here for me that I haven't yet found. It's really pushing my buttons of my sanity, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? Well thats about all I have for tonight. I just thought I would share these lovely experience with you, and share some wisdom. Don't take stupid jobs. Peace out.

1 comment:

Nathan Williams said...

1. I've given up with your jobs, theres no hope trying to keep up with them
2. Cool new layout
3. You other picture was better, much preferred (dramatic pose on the rock, legs ups maybe? - nothing against this one... the other was just such a fun welcome to the blog every time!)