Sep 6, 2009

The night I became a hero!

It was an average Sunday. Went to church, made some din-din, played with Susie, watched countless hours of Friends, went on a very invigorating walk in the fresh crisp fall air, a typical sunday for some!

I got home and drank down some water, I was ready for some more relaxation! I was sitting on the couch chatting away on facebook when I heard a rustling sound, Susie? I called out. No meow to be heard! I shrugged and went back to business. But then it became louder.. I realized it was coming from outside! I could hear a garbage bag being ripped! Blast! I said to myself thinking of how the garbage can had tipped over from the wind earlier..I ran up the stairs but couldn't see anything, then I started picturing demons and vampires cause i've been addicted to Supernatural lately.. so I ran back downstairs scared thinking i'll just clean it up tomorrow.. I sat back down and it started up again, I wasn't happy. So on facebook I told my roomate Breanna who was also on and made her go check what was out there. A scream of terror told me it wasn't good. Not good at all.

A skunk! A skunk was ripping our garbage up!!! I was outraged! Breanna slammed the door shut in fear and ran back to the living room to safety. I won't take this! I yelled in the empty basement as I rushed out the door, not even putting shoes on. I ran up the stairs and saw the little devil shredding away. All fear gone, I started to wave my arms and yell, "Be gone skunk!! Get out of my garbage!" The skunk turned and looked at me... Our eyes met.. Mine blazing with anger, his beady and black, ready to attack. I refused to back down- I kicked the garbage can and a high pitched scream came out my mouth, like a banshee! The skunk quickly dashed under the fence and ran off into the night!

I gave a triumphant fist pump in the air as Breanna came back out- we cleaned up the garbage in the new danger free yard. I felt exhilirated, I had single handedly fought off a skunk. I can do anything now. The world is mine!!!!

Thank you for tuning in to this life changing night! I'll go to bed feeling like I accomplished something tonight!

1 comment:

noelle said...

haha! well done my friend. what a story!