Jan 8, 2010

The Deed Has Been Done!

I am here, alive, to tell you that I made it through my root canal! Man oh man. I don't wish that on ANYONE.

It was yesterday, and I was nervous the entire day, imagining massive drills ripping out teeth and blood everywhere. Extreme? Yes, I know. I have a very crazy imagination! I went in feeling pretty nervous, but the assistant was so nice and tried to calm me, didn't really work.. but it was a worthy try. I hate needles, espcially in the mouth. It had been a long time, I haven't had to do any kind of work since grade 10! I've been pretty lucky til now! Anyway- they froze me up and i amazingly didn't feel a thing. But.. Dr. Grover nicely told me I had to calm down or I was going to burn through all my freezing.. which I did and he had to give me more.

It was a loooong long appointment, 2 1/2 hours of drilling, me wincing in pain, and hockey in the background on the tv. I have a really small mouth, so whenever I get work done I have to have this horrible clamp to keep it open. I had that, a rubber dam over my teeth and this annoying circle thing on the other side of my teeth to keep my teeth from closing down. MAN.

So after all that awfulness, it was OVER! Root canal, new white fillings, I was good to go! I'm free for the dentist for 3 months til I get my cap, and I will love every single moment of freedom! My jaw and mouth hurts a little today, but nothing too crazy. So if you ever have to get one, don't listen to the horror stories, it wasn't a thing like I imagined it to be. So THANK you Dr. Grover, you are a miracle worker!

SO don't you fret my little pets, I am fine and back at it! Just can't wait til I can chew normally again! Wahoo!!

2 comments:

noelle said...

ya... i had a root canal done once upon a time. i found it rather enjoyable compared to the PRE-pain of my rotting cavity. lol. :) post-root canal was bliss. except i haven't even crowned mine yet!!! it's been like 4 years! woops. i'm waiting for David to get good enough so he can do it for cheap and/or free.

anyway- glad to hear you're still hip and with it. WHEN you move here, David can do your dental work at the school's clinic! it's cheaper! hahaha. don't worry. he's pretty good.

DANIELLE said...

oh man, i know, the pre pain of the rotting cavity was AWFUL!!! its still super sensitive! I can't wait to crunch things again!!!

and i'm TOTALLY waiting for david to do it!! I need a crown for sure, best plan ever!!