Being a little more established. I went around and applied for jobs yesterday. I started off first with my beloved Best Western, but decided to play it safe and applied to every hotel I saw! That same day, I was enjoying a celebration dinner with good friends David and Noelle and E-dawg.. when my cell phone rang! The Best Western! Holy snap diggity, the same day I applied! I got an interview for today and hot DOG was I was excited!
I went in, excited, nervous, little twitchy.. and then some devastation. There was 4-5 other girls waiting for the same interview. Sigh. I was losing hope quickly. Finally my turn came for an interview and I wasn't feeling the same exhiliration I had 10 minutes earlier..butttt...
HOORAY! Because of past experience and working at 2 previous Best Westerns, they hired me!!!! I have to work some weekends which sucks.. I got used to having weekends off but its only for the summer! Starting wage is waaay better than Lethbridge, and my boss seems pretty cool. I think things worked out for the best. I start Monday!
I've tried to stay positive and find things to do so I don't get too bored. I was going to watch tv but decided no! Go for a walk. It's gorgeous outside! I found the college which is soo close to me and I love it.. Did a little tour, got me a little more excited! I found a cute little clothing store that had really cute/unique stuff, I will definitely be going back there.. and to my ULTIMATE delight, I found a LIBRARY right around the corner from my house!
I'm adjusting slowly but surely, but am excited to get into work! Wish me luck on Monday!
3 comments:
WOO HOO! That's so exciting!
I"m very very happy for you! Maybe your job luckiness will rub off on me...
I hope it does! I hope you find something!!!
snaps for danielle! way to show those 5 other girls, baby! I'm impressed. Yay!
Post a Comment