May 21, 2010

A little of this, a little of that!

Well Howdy! It's been a few days.. so I thought I should blog a little somethin-somethin!

There have been a few things going on in the city of Saskatoon! I'm adjusting better now- the first few days.. Yikes! I didn't realize how scary it was being completely alone in a new city! It was really hard. I live alone for the summer, and that's taken awhile to get used to. I dont' mind it now- I am excited to have a roommate again but for the summer i'll be okay! I blogged about getting a new job, I was so excited! Little did I know I sold my soul to the devil..

Worst. Job. Ever. I thought going back to the Best Western would be awesome, but I didn't realize that I would never find a job like my last one. The people were awful-so unfriendly, I took some stuff on of their carts and snap diggity did they have a freak out! It was working in silence, no set breaks, crazy co-workers and I had to work EVERY Sunday. Every day just got worse, so finally, after a good chat with the Jean, I decided to quit. Oh man what a great feeling- what a RELIEF! I felt so good all day! I applied for 10 jobs and I'm hoping something calls sooner than later!!

To get into the city a little more, I've been walking around often to find what is close to me! There is a cute litle library around the corner that i'm in love with- There are a lot of little unique restaurants that I hope to start trying one day.. A hair salon I'm going to try, and I joined an Aquatic center! I figured since i'll have a lot of time on my hands, I might as well get into better shape! Less treats. LESS treats.

There is my current life in Saskatoon! Happy May long to everyone!

2 comments:

KJ said...

You Quit! That is great!
It makes me happy that your not going to Hell everyday.

DANIELLE said...

thanks shay! it was a magical feeling of freedom and empowerment!