Jul 11, 2010

Piano Lessons!



I'm very excited about this. Some of you will know that I already play the pinao, I took lessons up until about Grade 10 and decided it was for fools and I quit.

Biggest. Mistake. EVER. Don't let your kids quit. Force them at gun point to keep going! Well okay not that extreme, but I will admit (one of the very few times i'm willing to do this) that my mom was indeed right that I would regret it. Oh I regret it. I played quite often in church and things like that through-out highschool so I still played quite a bit, but once I moved out, I pretty much quit all together. This past weekend I was asked to play at a baptism and I was shocked to realize that I have lost so much of what I used to know in the past couple years of not playing. It's not like I don't like it anymore, I just lost the motivation to play. That made me so sad! I love the piano!

It was time to take action. I love Kijiji as we all know, so I started looking into music lessons to see what they cost and see what kind of things were out there. I found this really talented guy who's part of Orchastras and bands and did all the piano conservatory exams and is really established here in Saskatoon, so I took a chance and wrote him asking him if he still had room and bam! He sure does! So, I signed up and now I am back in the world of piano lessons! I can't tell you how excited I am to start and get back into it! I am so rusty it's disgraceful, this man will whip me into shape! So there you have it!

And my picture is my future piano. I HAVE to have a baby-grand. I will die without one.

1 comment:

KJ said...

Good for you Danielle!
I need to get back on the piano train too.
I just need a piano...