What movie is that from?! I'm not sure that's the exact quote, but it's close. I won't give you anything except a thumbs up if you know. That movie defined my life in Highschool.
Well that wasn't the point of the title.. That title is what my life has been lately! I had a week off work, I was so excited to chill, go home to Lethbridge for a few days... My mom was planning on coming back to Saskatoon with me to bond.. I was excited! I headed home to good ol' Alberta with Noelle and Emily on Thursday! That night I had a farewell to Matt who headed off to Texas dinner at Earls. Mmm chili chicken.. You can't go wrong. Friday I saw friends, bank appointments, went to a movie, it was a lot in one day. Saturday I shopped for school clothes, babysat and had a sleepover with my 2 little cousins. What a weekend.. Then the stress hit.
My living situations in Saskatoon went ca-raaaaazy. My roommate Jessica decided VERY last minute to move out and not replace herself. She chose to move out on the weekend I was gone.. how convenient. I came back to a pretty much empty house, she owned 90% of everything. I wasn't sure what to do, so I started looking around Kijiji for a new house to move into. I went and saw a few things, no dice. One was ridiculous- On the phone this lady failed to inform me she was married with kids and looking to rent out a room, so when I went to her house and a little girl answered the door.. I was a little weirded out. The room there was actually quite big, but half of it was filled with their stuff they weren't planning on moving it out. I'd be sharing a bathroom and a living room with the kids.. for 550 dollars. YEAH freakin' right. The next house was a house full of Christian girls looking for a roommate. It sounded promising, people with the same standards and all. Til I saw how dirty it was. The last one I went to see turned out to be really nice and I decided I wanted that one, but the girl told me she had someone else look at it first so she got first pick.
My current landlord needed to know what I was doing, staying or going. She gave me til Tuesday night as the deadline. I still had not heard back from the girl I wanted to move in with. MAN I have never felt so much stress in my life!!!! If I stayed, I would have to take on the lease and utilities, exactly what I didn't want to do anymore. I really enjoyed being in a house with no responsibility except writing a cheque. Then I had to think about school, I start on Monday. When would I have time to move? I work straight til Sunday then school starts! But this girl wasn't getting back to me in time!!! I was about to have a nervous breakdown!
So finally I had to decide what to do. The girl never got back to me in time, and I didn't want to chance it that she would call and say the other girl took it. So I decided to stay where I am now. I don't have a roommate and I have to pay the entire rent and damage deposit by myself for now, but hey. I have a place. The downside is I've had to replace pretty much everything in the house. Dishes, silverware, TV, dvd player (come on.. you expect me to live without a tv in this world?) garbage, which seriously, garbages are WAY overpriced. I was not impressed. I still have a lot to get.. But I have the basics. I bought my first pots/pan set, I was a little proud.
I put an ad on Kijiji hoping for someone normal. I had a few... Interesting options. First one- A lesbian woman. Now i'm going to clarify right now that I really have nothing against the gay/lesbian community. Each to their own, I support it fully. I just don't want to have that lifestyle in my house. Second choice. A 48 year old woman. Seriously? Why would you reply to an ad of a 23 year old? Third choice. A lovely MAN named Grant, even though my ad title is looking for a FEMALE roommate. Here's to hoping someone else contacts me.
They say when it rains, it pours. But then I started thinking how many people/church leaders/talks/whatever else always say God will never give you more than you can handle. I kept telling myelf that. My housing will work out, my loans will work out and school will work out. Some greats friend said a very simple thing that hit me deep. Have a little faith. Things are smoothing out finally. My mom was so amazing while she was here.. It was hardly a vacation for her and she heped me so so much. The Jean.. You are the best. And now I am done this crazy long post!! I just needed one last vent.
3 comments:
Whoa! I"m glad you got everything figured out.
It will al work out for the best danielle!! Do not fret!
d-money, is that even a question? MUGATU FROM ZOOLANDER SAID THAT! do i get a thumbs up now? ha ha
oh and ps: sorry about the roomie sitch. i know what it's like to have flakey tenants so i'll keep my ears to the ground if i hear anything...
wait i don't know anyone in saskatchewan. but if i DO meet someone, i will let you know!
Post a Comment