
So tonight I really didn't do anything exciting. I have to work 7 days in a row, so my life is pretty much work and dying after work, getting up and doing it again. Let's be real here, Friday night Tv ALWAYS sucks. I've decided it's because even the TV is yelling at people to go get a life on Friday nights. Well I didn't listen and found myself something awesome. Two words that made the late 90's as awesome as they were.... Say it with me now..
SPICE WORLD. Ohhhh yeah. That's right. Spice World. Did I watch it and enjoy every single moment!? Absolutely! Do I still know all the words to all the songs?! Sure do! It brought back fine memories of 1997! I can't believe how long it's been.... When I really started thinking about it, what was I doing in 1997?!
Grade 4-5 ish!? The most hideious glasses to ever hit the world and a haircut that I cringe at when I see pictures of that awful year. Lauren was my bff and I think that's the year Noelle and I made our amazing friendship (a great story for another time) Of course there was Shay, and i'm pretty sure we both had awesome glasses to remember.. Ah the young and carefree days. Clogging anyone!? I'm pretty sure I did a recital dance to Spice Up Your Life that year too.
I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved the Spice Girls. I wasn't pimped out in merchandise due to the mean Jean who hated their scandelous dress so she deprived me of such things. I was obsessed with Spice Girl gum and had pretty much every sticker, yes, I was that cool. I knew all the songs, had the cd's, a few posters and my favourite was Ginger. Oh what a great group they are, funny how these things take over the world. When I have kids i'll be dancing to my old Backstreet Boys and Spice Girl songs while they look embarassed and say who IS this. How the times change... Thanks a lot Justin Bieber.
Well that's it. I just wanted to share my love of a blast from the past. I think we all need to watch Spice World more often, remind us of those wonderful 90's and childhood memories!
2 comments:
i love the spice girls with all my heart! i once made a scapbook with a page devoted to each spice girl... yes i was totally obsessed! and am i embarrassed? nope! also you know that if i was in saskatoon, i would have watched and sung along to every second of spice world with you!
Great post danielle. Long live Spice Girls.
P.S i'm still blogging.. just privately.. i know, annoying. But i'd love to hear from you!
Post a Comment