Sep 12, 2010

Edmonton!

I just got home from a FABULOUS weekend in Edmonton! You know, Edmonton never ever fails me. It truly is the city of champions!! I headed by Greyhound (puke) on Thursday night. I wanted to go for longer because the weekend just goes by sooo fast when you are only there for one full day. The more time the better I thought!

Oh the Greyhound. I seem to have the talent of picking the buses full of crazies! There was this man sitting in the back in front of 2 teenage boys. He was late 20's I would guess. He was sniffing like he had a cold or something, but then one of the boys leaned forward and witnessed him sniffing cocaine. Awesome. I was asleep through most of this.. So I missed some of the drama. So there's this guy high on coke, pacing up and down the aisle muttering about killing some guy to get his 3 grand back.. Scary!? Just a little. We stopped in Lloydminister and the police showed up to escort him off the bus. He put up a fight, there was yelling, these 2 boys had to fill out police repots.. Oh the drama! We got held up there a little longer than originally planned but hey, in the end we got rid of the druggie.

The rest of the trip was uneventful! Finally I made it to the grand city!! Weekends go by WAY too fast when you're having fun! Friday I spent the day with Lauren and Bailey, we did some shopping and made cookies. Friday night was the big welcome back week for YSA so I went with my BFF Des to the program and dance. What I love about going to dances where you don't live is you can be crazy and not have a second thought. It's the best. I danced up a storm and didn't care who was watching. I left feeling satisfied that some people were thinking WHO in the world was that crazy girl in purple?!?!

Saturday night I had a boinding sesh with Amanda and Duncan and it was great!!! It was great being able to see so many of my friends in a weekend.

Highlights: Bailey's random laughing all the time. It's the cutest thing in the world.. just like her. I had the chance to babysit her for a little bit and it was awesome! Minus Toopy and Binoo. Reminiscing with Duncan and Amanda about old times at 10903 and our Duplex. Crazy how long ago it seems now. Seeing Shayla's baby, and bonus! She didn't scream when I held her! Shopping, oh how I miss Edmonton shopping!!DEREK HALL. I think we are BFF'S now. We hugged like there was no tomorrow and danced a magical dance. Thanks Derek!

Over all it was a GREAT trip! I had a great time with everyone, love staying at Lauren and Darcy's, the hospitality is just great there! Thanks Everyone for a great weekend!!!

Sorry there are no pictures. I really need to start taking pictures.

1 comment:

KJ said...

Aw, what a great weekend!!!
I miss edmonton so badly. I'm trying to get KJ to take me up there for a weekend!