Sep 21, 2010

So Far So Good!

I'm pleased to announce that after 3 1/2 weeks of school, I am NOT quitting! Now I know.. this is new for me looking back on my track record. I can't believe almost a month has gone by! The days just fly by and then BAM it's the weekend again. I have a pretty good balance of classes. There are only 2 that I wish I could kill with my bare hands. Accounting and Math. Just reading those two words makes me shudder. I am also learning how to be assertive, who knew? We did a personality test in my Career Assertiveness and surprise surprise I came back waaaay too passive. I am loving my Basic Food Prep class, we get to make some pretty fun things coming up in a few weeks. Soup, breakfast, sandwiches, who doesn't love free food!? Over all I like it! It's been busy and been a bit of a trial getting back into homework but it's good. I feel like i'm actually doing something and not wasting my life away cleaning rooms anymore. Once a week of that is enough! I remember the first day, one of the Profs told us if you aren't happy in a month, you'll know this program isn't for you. The month is almost up and I'm happy and getting into it. I'm looking forward to the different things we'll be doing and REALLY really getting out of my comfort zone which is definitely new for me. I've made some new friends, flirted the hallways up on a daily basis (kidding..somewhat) and I think i'm really going to enjoy this year! Minus Math. Algebra? Are you kidding me?! My favourite class right now is KEYBOARDING! Baha. I love that I have to do a keyboarding class. The goal of this class is to be able to type 20 words per minute. Now you may scoff at that number like I did.. but you would be amazed at how many people really can't type that fast. Typing happens to be one of my strong point in life and i'm ripping through it like there's no tomorrow. Today I typed 101 words per minute, I was pretty impresesd.

I have also started piano lessons! I am seriously amazed at how much has left my mind about piano. It used to be so drilled into me, now 5-6 years later, getting back into it is a lot harder than I thought. I decided to really give myself a challenge and go into the Royal Convervatory lessons. I'm really excited to get into it! I have a recital in June, write it down on your calenders.

Welp that's about all. School is good, piano is good, work is good.. It's all good. I never thought i'd be living in Saskatoon happy and going to school. Funny where life takes you. I really love it here though, I love my branch, my house, my friends, school, overall it was a GREAT change and i'm so glad I did it !

No comments: