I'd love to say I've been crazy busy (well.. I should be. If I didn't suck at homework) but mostly i'm just lazy and forget most days I have a blog. Life actually is pretty busy. School takes up 90% of my life and I now realize why I liked working. I had money AND no homework.
Okay so it isn't that bad- I actually really like it. I have some fun classes, like last week I made flower arrangments. It was the best ever. I really love my cooking class, I made 5 different kinds of soups last week and tomorrow i'm braising some MEAT! Who doesn't love meat!! Tomorrow morning I get to make banana/peach flambays. If you don't know what that is, also my spelling could be wrong.. Let me explain it to you.
You have a pan, in it you start with margarine and sugar and carmelize it. Then you add some banana, you stir it around like you own the place.. and here comes the exciting part. This is cooked over a special cart with a burner, I can't remember what it's called so maybe one day in the future I will tell you. You tip the pan forward and you pour some good ol' alcohol into the pan and POOF! Fire!!! Table-side service is what we Hospitality peeps call it. I'm pretty sure it's going to be really fun though. When you are done flipping it around in the flames you serve it over icecream. Mmmm I'm pretty excited.
I really do like school. It's been a challenge going back, but good. I'm working on sucking less at homework since I have about a million projects going on and 3 midterms next week. But hey, it's a long weekend! Something to look forward to. I can't think of anything exciting that i've done that would blow anyones mind. I've been doing piano for about a month now and I love it! My teacher is so great, he really knows his stuff. My mind is working again in the piano world and let me tell you, what a relief!! It was so embarassing the first lesson, I couldn't remember the most simple things.
This has been a big A.D.D post of a bunch of random things. So in short, all I have to say is.. Life is good, school is good, work is good, it's all good in the hood. Happy Thanksgiving weekend everyone!! :)
Danielle
1 comment:
You DO sound very busy! and sounds like you are doing such a great job at school! Keep it up!
Post a Comment