Nov 9, 2010

Upgrade!

A few weeks ago I bought some furniture! I was actually rather excited about it. I've never bought my own furniture! I've been fortunate in life to either have stuff given to me, or move into houses that are already fully furnished. In the story of Saskatoon, it didn't prove me well to move into a fully furnished house! When old roommate moved out, she took almost everything with her. She was however, kind enough to leave me the furniture for awhile as she didn't need it. I was grateful, but as time went on I started to hate it. Mostly cause it was hideous. Knowing I couldn't buy anything new as a peasant student, I started to look into Kijiji and I found some good buys! My living room is now functional and a little less ugly!

Noelle was a peach and helped me move the couch.. but I couldn't find anyone to move the chair. I was running out of ideas and my mom told me strapping it onto my little car was a stupid idea.. so I really was out of ideas. I had told the guy I bought it from I was coming to get it an hour later of that day, so I was on my way to drive to his house to atleast pay him when I saw a group of boys sitting outside. What was in their driveway you ask!? A truck. Desperation makes you do bold, ballsy moves you wouldn't normally pull. I whipped into the driveway and got out and walked up to these strapping young men. I offered 50 dollars on the spot if they would move a chair for me, a few weird looks were exchanged and I tried to make it sound like I wasn't so crazy. In the end one took pity on me and helped me move it. He wouldn't even take the 50 dollars in the end, so I was lucky to meet such a nice guy!

I'm pleased with my choices and my living room. A lot less ugly makes me happy!




1 comment:

KJ said...

Oooo looks great Danielle!
You are so brave to ask some strange men to help you move, i'm impressed!