Jan 27, 2011



I'm super excited right now! I got my work placement for my practicum next month. I had 3 choices, the Bessborough, the Sheraton, and the Sandman if all else failed. I really really wanted the Bessborough. The hotel is downtown, beautiful and overlooks the river. They are pretty high-class, so I wasn't sure how easy it would be to get in. My teacher set it up and got me an interview, it was today and mannn was I nervous! I met with the housekeeping/front desk managers to meet and greet and mostly to make sure I'm not some crazy covered in piercings and who knows what else.

Interviews are the worst. They ask these random deep questions that on the spot are like what the heck? The front desk manager asked me what I thought empowerment meant, how does one answer that right on the spot? Despite my awkwardness and every now and then stutters, I GOT IT! WOO! I'm so excited. I get to do a week of housekeeping and a week of front desk and different things in both those areas. I'm pretty excited! It's not for another 2 weeks, but i'm pretty thrilled! I'm hoping it'll be a foot in the door type thing to get a job later on down the line. I will have to wow them with my awesomeness and excellent housekeeping skill.

No comments: