May 16, 2011

One Year.



I can't believe I can say that i've been living in Saskatchewan for over a year now! Where has the time gone!? In less than 2 weeks I will be finished my first year of school, I have a great job, great friends, sometimes great house (minus the sick bugs that are filling up my vacuum) and just a whole lot of greatness to be thankful for!

A year ago I was terrified to be here, no friends, no job and no idea what I was doing here and didn't think there was going to be any way I could like it. Now I can't imagine not being here! School has been hard, stressful and definitely trying some days but totally worth it. I've learned so much, well when i'm not asleep in class.. and I've met so many great people! Finding friends was probably the easiest thing on the planet here. People at church were welcoming and I fit in quick. It's funny when you come from huge wards where you felt like you never fit in, and now i'm in a tiny branch and I couldn't be happier!

I remember planning and packing, and the question kept running through my head, what the heck are you thinking? Saskatoon? The pieces fit together so perfectly though, it was hard to say it was the wrong choice.

Anyway. I am grateful for the random paths we sometimes take, where they lead us and what new and exciting things can come from them, especially when we least expect it. Thanks to all those who have made my year one of the best sine my days in E-Town! I feel wise and feel it's time to look back on my days as the ripe old age of 24 is coming my way this weekend. It's been a good year of 23, thanks Sasky!

2 comments:

noelle said...

Danielle- I swear we only saw each other a handful of times when I was living in Saskatoon. HOW SAD IS THAT!!!! We didn't even get to have a girls night. Lame. Well, if you ever want to visit Whitehorse... you've got a place to stay! Haha! Enjoy the rest of your Saskatoon stay! It really is a great place to live!

DANIELLE said...

haha i know!! that's so depressing when we lived in the same city for almost a YEAR!! I am definitely motivated to come visit though, it looks cool and hey! a free place to stay is right! Then I can meet future baby baker and chill with e-dawg!