October- Me and Amy put together a fabulous Halloween Carnival for the branch. What would the branch do without us ultra motivated native Albertans you ask? Collapse. I went from never going to any activities, FHE or dances to running them all. On the plus side, I just got a calling as FHE coordinator, just a year late guys.. but no big D. Anyhow! The carnival was a lot of fun, we got a good group there and everyone dressed up! We had booths of different activities, you won tickets and there was a treat table filled with delights. Not puffed wheat cake or rice crispie cake, but puffed what SQUARES and rice crispie SQUARES. Oh you Saskatchewan people. We combined the activity with the Institute so we could tie a spiritual thought into it. It was a really fun night and I think a great success! My witty costume of the year- a ribbon wrapped around me with a tag reading " god's gift to men". You're welcome Saskatoon, you're welcome.



October I finished my job at the Bessborough. It was hard to go when I worked with so many great people, but I left with some great new experience and I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to work there. The housekeeping department had a goodbye potluck for me and it was filled with amazing and delicious Filipino food. I think I need to marry a Filipino cause I loooooove all their food. It was awesome to see everyone before I went, so it was a great time!


What I am also learning from this blog sesh is I clearly need to wear a different sweater out in the public eye. I DO own other clothes, I promise.
November and December were filled with exams, exams and oh.. more exams. I had 11 finals in totals, all spread out over 3 weeks. It was a rough month trying to study and re-learn it all, but by the end I was so fried I really didn't care any more and went back to my motto of aim for 60, no one looks at your diploma anyway. I got through it and on December 8th I officially finished my first semester!!! Woo hoo! School is going by so fast it's scary. I only have one semester left! Since school I haven't been working or studying so it's been a bit boring but I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts. Who can believe it's Christmas this weekend?! Amy and I are heading back to SoAb on Saturday, Christmas Eve. Most people we tell try to give us sympathy thinking we're stuck here that late but don't you fret, it's by choice. 5 days at home will be more than enough, though I am excited to see some friends and family! I hope you all have a great Christmas and Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment