For school we have to do a month long practicum at a Restaurant or Hotel of our choice. Last year we had to do a hotel and were required to do a week in housekeeping and a week at front desk. But this year, it's more of our choice. I want nothing to do with restaurants and am quite happy in the hotel biz. Last year I lived the dream and got to do the Bessborough, which was a great 2 weeks and I got a job out of it in the end. From the day I moved here I wanted to work in the Bessborough, it's an amazing hotel and has a lot of cool history. But now that I have fulfilled that dream, there were really no hotels that caught my eye or I wanted to experience. That's when I decided why not go somewhere? We can go wherever we want for the most part as long as the hotel accepts us, and we pay our way. I would have gone to Australia if I wasn't so poor.. but in the peasant life it just isn't an option.
Anyhow to stop rambling, I chose the Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort and Spa, in Victoria, BC. I have been wanting to live in BC for years. YEARS. I wanted to go to school there but it didn't work out, I wanted to go there just to live there, but it didn't work out, so I decided I am going to live the dream, even if it's only for a month. It took some time to make contact with them and sort out all the details, but after a long phone interview that I feel went very well, I got accepted!! I bought my plane ticket, found a place to stay (thanks Breanna, you are truly the best!!!! ) and started making plans for it.
I am going to be in the Housekeeping department, which is funny to me for how much I used to hate housekeeping and each job I quit I always said I'll never go back. Now it's my thing and I think it's where I'll be staying for now. I will be there for 4 weeks and work with the Executive Housekeeper, and the Floor supervisors doing different things. The hotel is BEAUTIFUL. I can't wait to get there and see it. Escaping winter isn't a bad plus either, I can go for some ocean air and in the pluses weather. I fly out January 3rd from Saskatoon and I can't wait!!! The pictures aren't great, but give a little preview of what it looks like. I will take better pictures in person and post them!

5 comments:
I'm so jealous that you get to live in Victoria!! and the hotel looks absolutely magical!
Awesome!!!! Looks like fuuuun times! One day we'll both live our dream and jet off to Australia. You in???
absolutely noelle! we need to live the dream!!
and britt, you can come visit and we can all bond like old lethbridge times!!
Nice choice, D! It looks fancy shmancy! When are you done??
done school!? June!
Post a Comment