Oct 24, 2012

The Man-Cave

I once lived a happy care free life in a ghetto basement with the best roommate ever Amy. 2 years I lived that happy life. Then it all came crashing down. How did 2 years fly by so fast? Amy graduated from University and was moving back to Calgary. I was unsure of what to do. Find a new roommate? Move out? I dabbled with the options for months. I started looking for future replacements and I only found crazies. I started replying to ads looking for roommates- I only found crazies. My favourite one that replied asked me what my spirit guide animal was and the needed to know to let me even come see it. I found the quiz on the internet- I suggest you do it. It's very informative. I am a fox.

I wasn't finding anything so I decided okay, I will stay in the ghetto. Then the worst property manager EVER came along. I had an uneasy feeling about him and it only got worse. Beginning of August I was getting desperate. I had no idea what to do and nothing seemed to be working out. I collecting cardboard boxes to make my life on the street, it seemed to be my only option. I had an ad on Kijiji- You know you're desperate when. I had some replies that I went and saw but didn't work out. Then one day I got an email from a lovely lad named Dominique. First of all I laughed- Living with men was not going to happen. Out of curiosity I went to see the house. It was big, he wasn't asking for a damage deposit, Susie was allowed, it was so perfect but ew, men! It was a nice house, it definitely needed some cleaning but it wasn't bad. The room was big, there was a TON of space and the closet- So big. So in love. Before I left I asked if anyone else was looking at it and some guy was coming back to see it who had already been there once. Oh well is what I thought, I wouldn't take it anyway.

Desperation set in. It was the middle of August and I had no roommate in a few weeks and no one moving in and no where to move to. I checked my email and I had one waiting for me from Dominique. It was offering me a spot if I wanted it. I thought about it for a few days and hated that it was feeling like a good decision. Last minute I decided to take it and bam- here I am in the man cave. There are 4 of us and I am the only girl. I feel like my life is now based off that show 'The New Girl'. Surprisingly it has worked out.

I thought I made the worst decision of my life the entire first week. I lived in my room, when everyone was back and living there I feared any movement upstairs and would run back into my room. Amy had moved back, I was feeling pretty friendless in life. A week went by and I finally met the other two, Lonnie and Chris. 2 months later I have made 2 great friends. Chris is actually from Lethbridge, small world. The 3 of us get along really well. I bake and clean, why would we not? Kidding. That`s only a bonus of my womanly ways.I have a lot of fun with them and they are SO much better than what I was scared of. I thought I was going to move into a crazy party house where they had hussies over and were drunk all the time. Neither. Chris is super busy with school and he's on the University Volleyball team, Lonnie is in school and is super religious and has actual morals and I love it. We get along so well.

To end this freakishly long post here are the things I have learned living with men:

1- They are disgusting. There is a reason women shouldn't live with men unless they're married. We learn how gross they are and vow never to marry.
2-South Park is the stupidest show ever made. But yet i'm forced to watch it every Wednesday night.
3-Dexter is the GREATEST show ever made. I am in season 6 and so addicted.
4-Jennifer Anniston is not pretty. Only girls think so.
5-Burping is cool to do at all times.
6-I am never right and lose every argument. Especially with Lonnie.

Honestly I love my house and it's really worked out wayyyyy better than I could have ever imagined. I have cleaned it and made it so much nicer- I'm still working on it. It will be fully functional by Christmas I swear. Here are some pictures of the man cave!



why does one need two tables in one kitchen? No one knows.


This is what we call the aids room. We never go in there. Only one roommate and his hussie gf stay in there.



This poster really defines me.


This makes me laugh on a daily basis.





My usual seductive tree wall look.

ed





4 comments:

girluntitled said...

...you had me at tree wall.

Shayla said...

Lovin the J-Biebs and Edward! Keep a bloggin Danielle!

Lauren Bennett said...

love that i made your bulletin board. I feel so special! Also, good luck being Zooey Deshanel, you should probably start singing all the time and dressing like you're in the 50's/hipster style. You should also start a "douche bag" jar. Good luck winning an argument in your house of men. Good luck!

Britt said...

I would also like to add that i'm lovin' the Cody Simpson!