Dec 12, 2012

A Horrifying Day

Friday December 7, 2012. Not a good day.

I work at 7 am most days, so I usually wake up at 5:20 or so. This day my alarm didn't go off and I didn't wake up until 6:24. I looked at my phone and said son of a bee-sting and started to rush. I had a suppper fast shower and through myself together. A quick breakfast and out the door I went. As my car warmed up for a few minutes I debated on what way to go to work. I usually go the same way every day but decided to go a different way I knew was faster. I don't go that way because of how busy it can be with morning traffic, but I was late! It had to be done.

I was almost too work, SO bloody close just the thought infuriates me. I was at the last turn to get there. This intersetion is a death trap. No turning light and the on coming traffic is so busy in the morning. I had to wait for a red light to get across. FINALLY a red light hit, the cars stopped and I started to drive over. It was when it was too late I realized a truck was coming full speed ahead and I was going to get hit. I knew slamming on my breaks I'd just slide, it's winter. I knew it was going to happen and it was out of my control. I braced myself and I closed my eyes. I've never been in an accident before, but I can tell you that moment of being hit and that crunching sound is something I NEVER want to hear again. I was going maaaaybe 10 clicks and this truck had to be going at least 60. My car spun around 3 times and I was thrown pretty hard into the passenger side. My leg slammed into my gear changing thinger and the seat belt whipped me back into the drivers seat pretty hard. I was in shock when we stopped and I had to kick the drivers door open to get out. The guy that hit me was yelling at me that his light was green, but my light was red I would swear my life on it.

The After Math:
The second I was hit I knew my car was done. I have the basic insurance on it- it's 90 Topaz. Let's be real here. The cops were called, statements taken. No witnesses stopped the jerks so whether his light was really green we'll never know. I got the ticket sadly and lost my car all in one day. It's been a sucky few days without a car mooching rides to work and to get groceries. I've had to miss Zumba and my back is messed still from the delight. BUT I am thankful I wasn't critically injured and like any bad situation, you can always say it could have been worse. Channing was sent to the Auto-Wreckers yesterday (single tear). Second car in one year i've had to auto-wrecker, I can't take anymore!!!!

Here is the sad picture of the awful incident. Lesson of the day: Do not get in accidents. It's a massive pain in the butt!!!!!

2 comments:

Lauren Bennett said...

THAT sucks, Danielle! Glad you`re okay!

Shayla said...

Aw Danielle! I'm happy your okay too! What an awful feeling, getting hit... ugh.