Sundays suck for work, it's usually all check outs and just a hectic long day. Today I came into work and was doing my usual morning routine before everyone got here. Vicky, one of my favsies but shhh.. came into the office and was exploding with joy. I asked why she was so happy and she told me she couldn't tell me. All right. I told her I was happy she was happy and went on with life. Not even 2 minutes later she couldn't hold it in any longer, all the housekeeping employees had planned a surprise birthday lunch for me. I teared up just at the words of them doing that for me. I have been very blessed with an incredible staff that seem to like me. They're so giving, they bring me food, flowers, they notice when i'm not when i'm not happy as I usually am and they really brighten my day when they see that. They make me laugh with their crazy ways, I love the people I work with.
It was right at break when my phone rang with the message of come to the breakfast room. I made my way down there and found a HUGE buffet of pizza, KFC, pop, cake, and more. There was so. much. food. Everyone sang happy birthday to me and Jenny gave a nice little speech that made me tear up again. They are seriously amazing. Good thing I was low in my saturated and trans fats today, lunch and cake quickly took care of that.
I was in a great mood the rest of the day. I wish you could fully understand the greatness of them and how huge all their hearts are. We give birthday cards to everyone at work signed by all the staff. I wasn't expecting anything past that, so this was legit a big surprise (despite Vicky spilling the beans in the morning). So thanks for making my birthday wonderful my lovelies!

No comments:
Post a Comment