Can anyone believe it's already August 21?! This summer has flown by so fast and I am not a tanned goddess nor did I do anything that great. However there have been some good summer moments we can all relive together now.
Well I guess this is somewhat Springish but I moved. Again. The man cave is now no more (thank g) I moved end of March into a cute little basement suite in a beaaautiful area of the city. A block away is a fantastic view of the river and Bessborough hotel. I really lucked out. I downgraded 2 man-mates to just one- my dear Christopher. I've known Chris for a few years from his joining the Broadway Manor house- a house of boys who lived on Broadway who had the party house and always took baking from me and Amy. So through that I got to know Chris, and extra creepy I know a lot of his family and we have weird similarities like having family in the same city in Florida. Even better? My aunt and his mom sometimes sit together at church there. Cuuuuute. The past 5 months here have flown by. I love our basement and Chris is a great roommate. Now he contributes almost nothing but he's a great guy and he makes me smoothies. And gets me Netflix. It's been a happy 5 months!
Amy came back!!! Amy was selfish and moved back to Calgary last fall but came back end of April to finish her masters are the U of S. We bonded on Sundays and went on amazing ghost town adventures! She decided to be selfish again and went back to Calgary recently to work. But we had a great summer and have Cape Cod to look forward to in a few short weeks!
There have been lots of good friend hang outs. Bonfires on the nudist beach, Canada Day, Froyo nights, etc. I love summer activities!
I found love in a hopeless place. Okay it wasn't love or in a hopeless place but I did meet someone- Now don't get too excited. It didn't end up working out but it was a fun few months and now you can all rest assured i'm not a- a lesbian or 2- completely hopeless. He was a great guy but too responsible and logical. Now I know what you're thinking, are you crazy!? Those are 2 great things. Well. Apparently I need someone more spontaneous and broken. It's okay. The heart wants what the heart wants.
A wedding in Calgary! A weekend away from work was HEAVEN and a great time. Devin and Kate tied the knot this past weekend and it was a gorgeous wedding. They are one of those couples that really make you believe in love, they are so perfect for each other. Seeing their happiness all night was really incredible and i'm glad I was able to go. I got to see a good friend that night as well- Shout out to Lo-Dawg here! I drove out to High River to hang out for a few hours and had a great time! Even a province apart, different lives of kids/marriage, jobs, whatever, it still always so great to see an old friend and catch up, laugh and reminisce. So thank you for always making time for me when I randomly pop up in Alberta!
I feel that concludes the end of this incredible post. Now you are all caught up with my super interesting life. I hope everyone has had a wonderful summer despite the not very hot weather, insane floods and whatever else. I dedicate this blog to Darcy, who cares the very most about my blogging life! Until next time! hug hug, kiss kiss!
1 comment:
Summer lovin, weddings, useless room mate, sounds like a legit sweet summer for ya! I'll be sure to update Darcy on your blog- welcome back to the blogging world.
Post a Comment