Oct 28, 2013

Feeling Nostalgic

This sudden feeling of nostalgia was brought on by the season 3 finale of Beverly Hills 90210. Laugh all you want- I love it. I love the 90's. Ah such a wonderful time..

ANYWAY. Season 3 ends with them all graduating high school. The talks about leaving highschool/moving/college, all that stuff just brought back a flood of memories. Mostly good ones.. Kidding I loved high school most days. Now I'd never go back, yikes. Teen hormones can stay farrrr far away, but I have a lot of great memories that came back to me in that magical episode. I remember when grade 12 started, and all I could think of was how excited I was to graduate and why was it taking so long to get there. Now 8 years later, I can't believe it's already been 8 years.

I can definitely say i'm not where I thought I would right now, but I don't say that in a negative way. I think most people's 18 year old selves have a big dream and picture of what they want and a lot of the time it doesn't come true. Let's all remember my short lived school career of Esthetician. It lasted a few good weeks. Or special needs teacher assistant.. another good few weeks. So it took a few tries, but I can definitely say that i'm happy in my tourism industry life.

8 years later, a few cities and a province later, it's hard to believe this much time has passed by. Thinking about it I started to miss the simplicity of life I realllly took for granted. No bills, no rent, Mom cooking, so little stress compared to the real world. Lunch at Shayla or Noelle's, I'm pretty sure my lack of weight loss was quite centered around how many grilled cheese sandwiches I ate.. haha but they were pretty darn good. Smoothie nights, endless watching of Sleepover (I've made every roommate i've had watch it) cruising in Noelle's sweet truck, late night fashion shows/barbie videos/talk shows/incredible band performances, joint birthday parties, minus Noelle.. sorry about that December friend. To sum it all up-

We had a lot of fun. I was pretty lucky to have such great friends during high school, so a shout out to my homies thanks for being so awesome and making so many great memories. I found a lot of high school pictures I cringed at so here are a few from graduation I felt were acceptable of myself. The first one isn't from grad but I felt it describes the class perfectly. Chaotic, crazy and awesome.

So take a moment and remember some great old times. It's fun to go down memory lane. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must start season 4 of Beverly Hills 90210.


6 comments:

noelle said...

hahaha! Danielley! I look back at highschool with fondness, too. "Sid's" name scribbled on the sidewalk in front of your house for the entirety of the summer! Hahaha. I loved being a stalker. Good times. Grilled cheese every noon hour. Aweeeesome. The noliemobile. YESSS!! Miss you!

Shayla said...

I hated the high school part but I LOVED my friends! If it weren't for you guys, school would have been awful! Good times for sure! We made some serious memorable memories! CHEERS TO US! haha :)
P.S remember the triple S? (super secret sleepover) we had so many code names for things.

DANIELLE said...

I forgot about our tripe s!! Or our random theme parties like the Paris one. We were so awesome. Or the Tripe H.. So many nights spent there. Oh the memories!

girluntitled said...

awe. this kinda made me nostalgic as well. even though i hated high school haha. it's so true that we always picture our futures to be so much different; i'm still waiting to be that working woman climbing up the corporate ladder, but i'm doing a pretty dang good job at maternity leave so i'll keep on waiting. ha. hope you're doing well, danielle! i hear you've almost convinced bee to come work in outer darkness, SK with you??

DANIELLE said...

keep on rocking that maternity leave! Some days I'm half convinced I should just let a rigger knock me up and i'll live on his money for the rest of my life.

I have pretty much convinced her, and i'm prettty excited about it! Outer darkness will gain 2 souls now.

Lauren Bennett said...

Awe love ya, D! So many good times. Remember saying, "alla dat hygge dig."? We basically had our own language. How cool can you get? According to my highschool dreams, I should be done my mission to Guam, be the manager of some creative business, just be getting married to some mysterious guy, and preparing for retirement in the redwood forest.. I like this path even better though! Minus natural disasters. Miss ya!