May 11, 2008

GARDENING!!!!!




I have a new passion. Its called Gardening! After Shay and I had a WONDERFUL sleepover, we woke up bright and early saturday morning and decided it was a day to GARDEN! We showered and got ready and started off to Superstore, where gardening comes to LIFE!

We faced an obstacle in the very first minutes of being there.. first, we had to search and search for a parking spot. Saturday shopping is a GONG show at Superstore here in Edmonton! Finally, we found a place and set off to get a cart. There was ONE cart left so we ran like the wind to get dibs.. Shayla and I made it there just in the nick of time.. But the fight wasn't over. I've never personally gotten the last cart ever.. We had no idea how to get it! It was horrible!
"What do we do?!!?" they said together in frustration
Don't fret my dear readers. We found another cart across the lot and set on our way into gardening heaven!! Oh, the garden center. Such beauty! SO many things to choose from! We selected purple and yellow pansies, strawberries, a purple plant and a marigold! Also we added some great seeds to plant inbetween and everywhere! Top soil was bought and round 1 of gardening was over! We needed tools. And where does one go for these tools you ask!?


DOLLARAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We made our way over there and had a little TOO much fun in that store. Shayla and I found GREAT gardening tools. A kids set of a shovel, spade and rake.. Gardening gloves, a cute frog vine and a sweeeet pink flag! I even got some teddy bear crackers! The day was going so well.

We got home, got changed, got the cd player for some tunes and away we went! De-weeding had to be done, and it was no walk in the park! Blood and sweat went into that garden! We spaded and shoveled and raked! FINALLY it was time to get planting!


I have to say, I made fun of my mom for years for her love of gardening, but i've come out of this a true gardener! It was fun, relaxing and it was something I've never done before! It was fun planting them and I'm actually quite excited to watch them grow! ( i'm hoping they grow anyway....) I even watered the trees! ( i look like a fool, i know.) Shayla and I discovered a new talent together and i've got to say, we are DANG good at it!! We even raked and made the yard look a little nicer! I really enjoyed Saturday gardening! Round 2 will be happening asap!!!! For those who haven't tried it, you should! YOU SHOULD!

3 comments:

Shay said...

I LOVE gardening!!!

DANIELLE said...

me too shay.. ME TOO! I've decided we should plant another one on my side. I'm jealous now.

Anonymous said...

ooh la la! sounds like a hoot n' a half!!!

PS... i have a new blog. www.noellebaker.wordpress.com