First off- Sorry my blog has seriously lacked constant attention even tho I DID post those 10 things to make a blog great- I am a hypocrite. Please slap me.
Are you where you thought you be would in life right now?! I had a good conversation with my good friend Desi Pom tonight, and it got me thinking. I'm 21, haven't done anything in school so far, haven't saved the world, but I've learned many life lessons.
I can honestly say I'm not where I thought I would be. I'm not sure where I thought I would be today. Turning 21 was a little crazy. Going back to the mind of a 16 yr. old, 21 was ANCIENT and by now I should have a reserved spot in the Diamond Willow. I'll make that phone call later.
I feel like a failure somedays cause I figure I should have done something super important by this time in my life. I've been moved about for over 3 years, and what have I accomplished? This negative thought brought a lot of thinking my way.
No, i'm not done college, but in these 3 years of freedom I needed to become someone. I needed to get away from Magrath and that highschool life. I needed to learn some life lessons, have some trials and hardships. I did all of the above. I started the Esthetician program in Marvel Beauty school and dropped out a month later. I was trying to please my family, friends by being in school and follow the path of students. But I wasn't ready and I didn't understand that. I've worked numerous jobs, meeting new people and experiencing different situations. I've worked in Waterton and Jasper and lived in Lethbridge and Edmonton.
I've become someone and I've done important things in my 21 years. I like who i've become, and i'm finally ready to go to school and build a career for myself. A lot of people don't get me, I know I can be a closed book sometimes and i'm hard to read if you don't know me. I'm happy with who i've become, theres always room for improvement and I hope that I can improve. I'm not old, I have many years ahead of me and I look forward to the future!
In closing, the biggest lesson I've learned is to BE YOURSELF. Trying to please people to be someone you're not is just a failure in the making. Live your life, fight for your dreams and goals and become someone you can love yourself as. Become someone!
No comments:
Post a Comment