Jul 6, 2008

Ducks


Ducks are fantastic aren't they? They just quack around and splash through the water. If you know me, you will know that I am one of the most educated people in this world on the topic of ducks. I'm going to share some of my awesome knowledge- You will have come to this page not knowing about ducks, and i'm about to educate you. You're welcome.


A male duck is called a DRAKE. A female duck is called a... DUCK. Babies are called ducklings. They have webbed feet. Duck's feet have no nerves or blood vessels. This means they can't feel how cold the water is. Ducks were once wild until they were domesticated by the Chinese many hundreds of years ago. Ducks feathers are waterproof from a oil they produce in a SPECIAL gland near the tail. Ducks are related to geese and swans.


There has to be atleast one thing you didn't know about ducks in there. I told you, i'm VERY educated. Now, run along and tell someone your new knowledge. People are intimidated and impressed when you know things like this. How do you think I got my job at Superstore?!


No comments: