Jul 17, 2008

How much is TOO much?!

Celebrities is the topic of the night. We're all somewhat aware of them out there- our world is full of magazines and internet gossip sites (perez hilton.. yes i'm a guitly reader online..) and whatever else is out there. But how much is TOO much?!

I was bonding with my roomates Shayla and Beth and we started talking about the celeb world, and I was quite disturbed to know how much random knowledge I knew. Sure I read the occasional magazine and check out Perez every one and awhile, but i'm not hardcore! But this mind is SO full of useless information!!

It takes me back to the days when I was youngin', when pop music was the biggest hype and rooms were filled with posters of the latest heart-throbs and cd's of favourite artists. No I didn't just stop putting posters up when I was 20 years old.. Who's asking?! I was the biggest fan of Jonathan Taylor Thomas- EVER! I knew everything about him that was out there for my eyes and ears.. I even joined a fanclub through one of those schoolastic things! Man, I was a FREAK!

So how much is too much!? When you know their birthdays, favourite colours, all their movies, dating relationships, when does the madness end?! We're put into a world where they are the people that we're looking up to and everyone seems to want to know what their doing and see pics of them walking down the street or eating at a resturant.

Its a hate/love relationship. But really, if you have a celebrity question, 50 bucks I can answer it. Yes, I'm truly that cool. Thats all I have to say- and don't be a celebrity freak. Its weird. And you should find something else to obsess about! Like... stamp collecting. Always wanted to start. NOW IS THE TIME.

No comments: