Nov 17, 2008

Life

I've discovered this past month that life is hard. I know, i'm saying something we ALL know and have listened to and lived personally. But sometimes we forget what its like to grow and have trials.

I was planning on going to Florida for Christmas next month and I was so excited about it- I got my ticket and everything seemed to work out. I got 2 weeks off work and I was good to go. But last week things weren't just working out- I didn't feel right about going anymore and a lot of things have been going on in my life that just didn't go with a 2 week vacation. SO the adult decision had to be made and I decided not to go. I was pretty upset about it- everything just seemed to go wrong after that. Work, roomates, my hair.... haha but after a VERY long week and feeling like life seriously sucked and could never get better it did.

Sometimes you just have to realize that life isn't easy. Things were just going to smoothly- and a little shake up of my world was hard, but now thinking about it, I feel a little more mature about some things and feel that personal growth that makes you stronger for the next shake up.

Christmas isn't going to be what I wanted it to be- but the reasons of me staying here are more important than the emotional decision on going to Florida rather than the logic. I'm happier knowing that things happen for a reason. Its cheezy, I know, but its true.

I read some quotes the other day- I love reading so words are very powerful to me. Here are a few of the ones that made me feel better about life. haha

"If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you."
Louis D. Brandeis

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."
Mother Teresa

"The true measure of a man is not how he behaves in moments of comfort and convenience but how he stands at times of controversy and challenges.
Martin Luther King Jr.

So there you have it. Life is not easy and we will all have big or small trials in our lives- Its been a much better week now that i've relearned that lesson!

2 comments:

noelle said...

i hear ya!!! very inspiring post today danshmelly! so, you're in lethy for Christmas?! GREAT!! we'll chill like nobody's business.

Lauren Bennett said...

Yes life is a dump sometimes. I can't believe you're not going to Florida. But hey, I'll be down in Magrath for Christmas so call me up. Funny how our strength develops through weakness (2 Corinthians somewhere). I hear ya! Hope things get better!- your buddy, Lo