Jun 19, 2010

The only post i'll ever do about dating.

Tonight I attended a delightful bonfire with some Saskatoon peeps- The topic of dating came up, and it got pretty intense. Things they liked, didn't like, deal breakers, when to break up with a girl/guy, etc etc. We went around the circle, and I said I would blog about it instead of actually telling them. I'm a pretty shy person at first, that would be way out of my comfort zone to talk about my dating preferences. SO I will keep my word, even though probably none of them will read this. YOU can know my feelings on this matter instead.

A lot of the things the guys said really amused me. Left handed girls were favoured, driving standards were sexy...boys named girls.. shoot. Already zero on those ones... Just things i'd never even thought of. I pondered as things went on, deciding what really IS important in meeting someone. ( not that i'm posting this so I can find my EC. Truly not the reason.)

TEETH. I know that can sound superficial, but seriously, a nice smile can melt me quickly. I can't tell you the heartbreak I feel if an attractive guy smiles and all I see is yellow and crooked. Yikes. I just love a big straight, glossy white smile!

HUMOUR. Those that know me well will know that I rely on sarcasm to get me through life. I'm not necessarily looking for someone as sarcastic, but someone that gets my humour and is equally a funny person who likes to laugh and joke around. Okay, some sarcasm IS required now that I think of it.

GOALS. I'm not saying you have to have this long page of things you want to do, but having a few things you want to do, short term or long term is important. School, work, dreams, travelling, whatever it is, things to work towards and accomplish shows maturity and dedication and they don't waste their life away.

CHURCH. As a Member, I think its important to find someone that brings the best of you out and makes you strive to be the best you can be. Someone who can build up your testimony and you can share spiritual findings/moments with and not feel awkward about bringing it up or make you feel weird for wanting to share those things.

PERSONALITY. This is the last one I promise. I hate basing liking someone on looks. Obviously you need to be attracted to them, but i've found with the guys i've liked in the past, it's been built up on their personality and they become more physcially attractive as you get to know them better. Being comfortable in conversation and not being awkward is huge. I'm really bad at starting up convos, and I have so many moments of.. Why did I just say that.. So having someone that talks and gets things flowing is KEY.

I think everyone person you meet/date is different, so its hard to say I want all these things, cause then you meet someone who is totally different. I think everyone can be compatible with many different people, but we all have those little things that are important in any relationship. Anyway. Those are my thoughts on the world of dating.

4 comments:

KJ said...

Great List Danielle! I agree with all those.

Lauren Bennett said...

Oh Danielle, hearing Eminem whenever i go on your blog is just peachy... okay maybe not. It's quite alarming. haha but reminds me of you! haha Not that you're alarming... ok really i have nothing to say about dating, just eminem...

William Marlow Hamilton said...

I was at the bonfire and i read this!

Des! said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this post! And I really hope it DOES bring your way an attractive, smiley, religious, personable and SARCASTIC EC!!!!!