That title could be some sappy romance novel.. but don't worry. This is far from it. Last night I experienced my first Saskatoon dance with the YSA. I was a little nervous.. Since I had never been to one, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. My branch is pretty small, so with dances we get invited or we invite Regina, which really amuses me. Travel 2 hours for a dance.. Anyway. So my roommate Amy and I went to see the haps of this dance.
Haha. I think for the first 10 minutes all I did was laugh. I think the grand total count was about 25- and that was a good turnout! (so i'm told.) It was actually really fun, I had a blast with everyone. A positive of the smaller group, you know each other pretty well and you feel more comfortable unleashing the crazy and doing whatever your heart desires, feel the music is what I like to call it. The dance was held at the stake center and this is my favourite part I think.. They close off half the gym off with those divider things so it makes it feel bigger with the smaller amount of people. Definitely different from Alberta!
I was mighty offended when no one knew how to line dance when a country song came on! Come on! The boot slap dance! I don't know the official name, but you know when you do the steps then hit the bottom of your shoe before turning.. such a classic. Next time Saskatoon, next time. I always kid when people go to dances/I go to to dances aobut finding your EC. Well, last night the girls had a pick from.. 5 boys. I guess the plus-side is you can decide quicker? haha
And there you have it. A Saskatoon dance in a nutshell.
1 comment:
HAHAHA!!!! Saskcat dances sound like a hoot! I hope you pulled out some my sweet moves! Ha! And I am utterly appalled that no one knew how to square dance. I thought saskatchewan was full of redneck hicks.
Post a Comment